iBATIS (2.3.0) のリリースに伴い「DAO Framework」が非推奨扱いに。MLでも開発者から以下のような投稿があったみたい。
I think we should deprecate the iBATIS DAO framework for these reasons:
- In my opinion, the iBATIS Mapper does a fantastic job of isolating the persistence layer as is.
- I've personally started to shy away from data access layers.
- For most applications, there's no big deal in having a dependency on SqlMapClient.
- If you do use a DAO layer, I suggest Spring DAO.
- If you can't use Spring DAO,
I suggest writing your own DAO layer that is as simple as possible and tuned for your environment.
- I don't believe very many people use the DAO framework,
for those that do, you can safely continue to do so. It hasn't changed in years, and so it likely won't.